The Leimert Phone Company has received some nice coverage. For the latest, follow @LeimertPhoneCo on Twitter.
Here are some of our favorite stories:
- Inside Annenberg: Annenberg in LA: Leimert Phone Company Honors the Past and Embraces the Future, by Alex Reed on December 3, 2014
- Curbed LA: 5 Street Objects Repurposed Into Interactive Art in Leimert by Bianca Barragan on April 2, 2014
- Streetsblog: Can a Re-Purposed Pay Phone Stave Off Gentrification in Leimert Park? by Sahra Sulaiman on December 4, 2013
- KCET Departures: The Future is Calling in Leimert Park, by Payphone by Leila Dee Dougan on November 26, 2013
- Intersections South LA: Leimert Park Phone Company debuts reinvented pay phones by Stephanie Monte on December 4, 2013
- USC News: Project leads to new use of old pay phones by Kristen Villarreal on June 19, 2013
- Los Angeles Times: What to do with obsolete pay phones? USC lab has ideas by Marissa Gluck on April 25, 2013
- Daily Trojan: Annenberg creates community pay phones by Stephanie Shimada on May 2, 2013
- LA.StreetsBlog: Ring, Ring! Who’s There? The Leimert Phone Company! by Sahra Sulaiman on April 12, 2013
- Journal of Community Informatics: Neighborhood Planning of Technology (peer-reviewed), by Benjamin Stokes, François Bar, Karl Baumann, and Ben Caldwell in December of 2014
- Civic Quarterly: Articulating our Civic Communication Literacies by Andrew Schrock, Winter 2014 (Issue 2).
- NANO (New American Notes Online): The Leimert Phone Company, by Karl Baumann, Benjamin Stokes, François Bar, and Ben Caldwell, July 2014